There are a number of ways that people can use to manage money to stay out of debt and even establish savings over time.
人们可以通过许多方式来理财,以便能够远离债务危机,甚至从长远来看积累财富。
句子的主干是“There are a number of ways”“that people can use to ... over time”是“that”引导的定语从句,用来修饰先行词“ways”;而定语从句中的动词不定式“to stay out of debt”“even establish savings over time”并列表示目的。
“a number of ”意为“许多”,只能用来修饰可数名词,在使用时要注意其与“the number of”的区别,后者表示“……的数目”。
  A number of problems have arisen.
    已经出现了许多问题。
  The number of the students in the school is 400.
    这所学校的学生总数为400人。
“stay out of debt”意为“不欠债”,与后面的“even establish savings”形成对比。
  It's hard to stay out of debt when you are a student.
    当学生很难不负债。
  We were poor but we never got into debt.
    我们穷是穷,但从不负债。
In other words, if you get paid once a month, then you have to budget accordingly so that you won't run out of money before the end of the month.
换句话说,如果你每月拿一次薪水,那么你就要依此来做预算,这样的话,你就不会在月底之前就花光所有的钱了。
“in other words”意为“换句话说”,表示对前面的话进一步解释说明;整个句子的主干是 “then you have to budget accordingly”,主干的前面是“if”引导的条件状语从句,后面是“so that”引导的目的状语从句。
  If you get the opportunity, then you have to work hard so that you can achieve your goal.
    如果你得到机会,那么你就要努力,这样你才能实现自己的目标。
If you get paid every two weeks, or every week, figure out which of your bills have to be paid on each payday.
如果你每两周拿一次薪水,或者每周一次,那么要算一下在发薪水的那天有哪些账单要付。
祈使句 “figure out which of your bills have to be paid on each payday”是句子的主干,而在这一部分中“which”引导的名词性从句作“figure out”(计算出)的宾语。
  If you do not have much money, consider which of the books should be bought first.
    如果你没有太多的钱,那么可以考虑一下先买哪本书。
Even if it is only $20 per payday, having some cushion will keep you from having to borrow money when something unforeseen occurs.
即使每次发薪水时只留出20美元,这些应急用的钱也会帮助你在有意料不到的事情发生时渡过难关,而不至于向别人借钱。
主句的主语是动名词结构“having some cushion”,意为“留出一些应急用的钱”;在when引导的时间状语从句中,因为形容词“unforeseen”修饰前面的不定代词“something”,所以后置。
  E-commerce is no longer something strange.
    电子商务对我们来说已不再陌生。
“keep sb. from doing sth.” 表示“使某人不能或不必做……”。
  Nobody can keep you from pursuing your rights.
    没有人能阻止你追求自己的权利。
  I couldn't keep from laughing.
    我不禁大笑了起来。
Just make a list of your income and when it arrives, as well as a list of what has to be paid and when.
既要列清楚有哪些钱要付,什么时候付,也要列清楚你的收入及收入到账的时间。
在这个祈使句中,“as well as”连接“make”的两个宾语,相当于“not only ... but also ... ”,句子的意思相当于“You should not only make a list of what has to be paid and when but also make a list of your income and when it arrives.”。
  They sell books as well as newspapers.
    他们既卖报也卖书。
  She is a talented musician as well as a photographer.
    她不但是个摄影师,而且还是个天才的音乐家。
A good way to begin the budgeting process is to sort out all of your legal and financial papers and file them so you can find what you need when you need it.
开始做预算的一个很好的方法就是把你所有的与法律和财务有关的文件进行分类和归档,这样在你需要的时候就能找到它们。
动词不定式“to sort out all of your legal and financial papers”“file them”并列用作句子的表语;“so”引导结果状语从句。
“sort out”意为“挑选出,整理好”。
  Those books are in a mess, so you should sort them out first.
    那些书乱了,因此你首先要把它们整理好。
  I'll leave you to sort that out.
    我将把问题交给你解决。
Once you have paid a particular bill, shred it and dispose of it, in order to save confusion.
一旦你付了账单,就把它撕碎扔掉,以免混淆。
这个句子中的“once”引导条件状语从句,表示“一旦……”,而“in order to”表示目的。
  Once the principal contradiction is grasped, all problems will be readily solved.
    一旦抓住了主要矛盾,一切问题就迎刃而解了。
  The water is fine once you are in.
    你一旦下了水,就会觉得水里挺舒服的。
When April 15 rolls around, you won't have to dig through piles of mail on your desk to come up with all of the appropriate documents and forms.
当4月15日(美国一年一度申报缴纳个人所得税的最后期限)来到的时候,你就不必在桌子上成堆的信件中翻找需要的文件和表格了。
“when”引导的时间状语从句中提到的4月15日是美国一年一度申报缴纳个人所得税的最后期限;“dig through”表示在成堆的东西中翻找。
“roll around”意为“(时间等的)到来,流逝”。
  When Christmas rolls around, people are busy preparing for the celebration.
    当圣诞节来临的时候,人们都忙着准备庆祝。
It is wise to write them down on paper because it is less easy to dismiss them that way.
把它们记在纸上是一种很明智的做法,因为这样就不容易轻易放弃。
主句中的第一个“it”用作形式主语,而真正的主语是后面的动词不定式“to write them down on paper”“because”引导的原因状语从句中的“it”同样用作形式主语,而真正的主语也是其后的动词不定式“to dismiss them that way”“that way”意指“把它们记在纸上”的做法。  
Do you purchase items advertised on the shopping channel without ever leaving your easy chair?
你是不是会坐在安乐椅上去购买购物频道推荐的商品?
过去分词“advertised on the shopping channel”用作定语修饰“items”;而介词短语“without ever leaving your easy chair”用作方式状语。
  He gave up the match even without ever having a try.
    他放弃了比赛,甚至都没有试一试。
When you are feeling down, go for a long walk instead of going shopping.
当你感到情绪低落的时候,你可以去多走一走而不要去购物。
时间状语从句中的“feeling down”意为“feeling depressed”(感到沮丧或情绪低落),“instead of”意为“而不是……”。
  Now I can walk to work instead of going by car.
    现在我可以步行去上班,而不必开车了。
  We should do something instead of just talking about it.
    我们应该采取行动,而不是谈谈而已。
It's handy to have something in the freezer and less costly in the long run than making a quick trip to the store after work and picking up only what you need for that night's meal.
在冰箱里储存些食品不仅方便,而且从长远来看比每天下班后匆匆赶到商店购买当天晚饭所需要的物品更节省。
句中it是形式主语,真正的主语是动词不定式“to have something in the freezer”“handy”“less costly”并列用作表语,而句子后半部分是一个比较级形式,相当于“to have something in the freezer is less costly in the long run than making a quick trip to ...”。
“handy”意为“方便的”。
  The extra money came in very handy.
    这笔额外的钱正好派上了用场。